MySoccerLeague.com supports importing certain data from tab-delimited text files. In order to successfully import data into our system, it must conform to our specifications. A complete descriptions of the import data specifications is available as a PDF file by clicking here. Before you attempt to import data into our system you should download and familiarize yourself with this document!.
From a League Admin's home page, the import data feature can be accessed at Import Data. On that page, the user specifies the season and competition the data is for. A Match Secretary can import a schedule directly for a particular division by clicking on the Import Schedule link at the top of the “Work On” page for that division.
In either case, you will specify the name of the file on your computer that is being imported. The process is handled in two stages:
- Once the data file on your computer has been specified, click on “Verify”. The system then scans the file and issues error and/or warning messages about the data in the file. You have the option to capture either the errors or the warnings as text files for review.
- If there are no errors, you are offered the option to process the file, with or without warnings, by clicking on “Commit”. Only then is the data actually imported into our system.
There are a number of things that can be imported. They include:
- Divisions - These will be attached to the Competition selected on the Import Data page. In addition to a name, the import can specify the play characteristics of the division
- Teams - These will be attached to the season - either the season selected on the Import Data page, if coming from the League Admin home page, or the season the division is in, if coming from a Division page. In addition to a name and the team's play characteristics, the import can specify the team type (recreational, etc.), the team colors, the team's parent organization (affiliated club or league) and a division (if not coming from a Division page).
- Schedules - This includes both games and byes, speciying division (unless coming from a Division page), home team, date of the event and, for games, the starting time, away team, duration and the field.